How I Pack Etsy Orders- Ideas & Tips

You Etsy product is only half of what your customers are getting. The experience of receiving that package is the other! I'm by no means an expert, but over the past few months I've been figuring out the most cost-effective and creative ways to send out my orders. I hope this blogpost will help you get ideas for how to mail your Etsy products too.
I think that one of the most overlooked methods of mailing items through the worldwide postal system is by simply sending your items as "letters". I would always recommend spending a little bit more than the US standard $.55 stamp so that your items will be handled gentler and will be more likely to arrive undamaged to your customer.

Of course, your ability to take advantage of this method depends completely on your product's size and weight. Each of my painting kits weigh about 1/4 oz, and are as thin as a card. This being said, I can fit up to four in a regular envelope. This is way more cost-effective than sending them as a package, and that's what allows me to offer free shipping on all my products.
The postage on my painting kits allows for them to be hand sorted, which decreases the likelihood that they'll be bent or damaged while going through the many machines the post office uses.

One of the most fun parts of using stamps is all the styles the USPS offers. My current favorites are the "Wild Orchids" stamps. I think I'm partial to orchids because they're Singapore's national flower.

I end up with a lot of scrap paper when I make my painting kits, and I've found that they make the perfect, simple decoration for all the envelopes. I take the scraps and letter the addresses on.  This also saves envelopes. If I mess up with my pen, I can flip the scrap paper or get a new piece.

When slipping the painting kits into each envelope, it's important to make sure the backs of the staples are facing the inside. I've found that the staples in the packaging will poke through the envelope, and create a hole. It's not detrimental since each kit is in a sealed bag, but it is irritating. By having the front of the staples touching the envelope, they don't rip holes. I'll usually include a piece of paper with a note, which covers the back.


The envelopes I use have an adhesive strip, but I add scotch and washi tape to add some decoration and an extra layer of security.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope this post helps if you're searching for Etsy packaging ideas. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Have a wonderful day!

Emily

PIN ME!

Comments

  1. Thank you for the tips! I am realizing the importance of thinking about product size and shipping considerations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment