A Fun Grad Gift!


Although it might be a little late to write about graduation party season, they're still happening! With the current state of Covid, students are still looking to host those grad parties they had to cancel earlier this year.

I was suddenly struck with the idea that I should probably bring some sort of gift or "Good luck in college" token to the grad party I've got coming up this week. I decided that since everyone can appreciate a good snack sooner or later, I'd put together a basket of snacks for my friends (It's a double grad party) while they're enjoying the rest of their summer. 

I got in the car and headed to Walmart, my arms soon to be full with a boatload of chips, trail mix and sweets. I thought it would be fun to throw in a few bags of microwave popcorn into these "Snack-packs", so my mother and I frantically darted to the popcorn section of the snack aisle so we wouldn't be late to pick up my sister from her diving practice. It took us much longer than it should to decide which brand and flavor we wanted to get.

I stopped and stared at the shelf in front of me. There was a little reusable glass pot for microwaving popcorn. This gave me an idea: instead of making a snack basket, I decided to put together a popcorn-making kit. 


One of our favorite kitchen devices has always been this silicone, microwavable popcorn bowl. You pour in the kernels and stick it into the microwave. It's just as easy as microwavable popcorn bags, it's less expensive, and it's much less wasteful. We promptly ordered two of these bowls on Amazon while standing in the popcorn aisle. 



A few other additions to this kit included a container of popping corn, a fun popcorn seasoning and a big plastic bowl to eat it in. 

The perks to this gift are that the microwave popcorn bowl is reusable, and it collapses so if you want to keep it in your dorm, you can! You won't have to keep buying bags of microwavable popcorn, just buy a bottle of corn that will last you for months. 



I put it all in the bowl, and added some fun decorations. If you know a graduating senior, this is an awesome gift to keep them happy and always with a snack on hand. It's also tons of fun, so you can't really go wrong with it!

Also, check out this fun card I made:


I hope this blogpost gave you some fun ideas to make a nice surprise for a graduating senior! If you have any other fun ideas like this, leave a comment. Have a wonderful day!

- Emily

Comments

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing the replies. Not a great year to graduate, so these peeps need extra love - super gift basket idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Lodi! My friends loved the gift baskets :)

      Delete

Post a Comment