Fireworks!

Hello friends! I'm excited to tell you all about the newest mini painting kit in my Etsy shop: Fireworks!


I thought it would be fun to create an Independence Day- themed mini painting kit, so here it is! It'll only be available through July 5th, so I guess it's sort of "limited edition". It features red, white, blue and black gouache (appropriately titled, 'Night sky') so you can paint a background for your fireworks! 


As always, it comes with a pre-taped card that looks like a cute polaroid photo when it's done.


I think this would make a great gift to send to friends or family with whom you can't gather this July 4th. Even if you are gathering, this would make an awesome activity at the lake cabin or on the porch in lieu of the coming fireworks!


In the painting I did, I started with a light, wet-on-wet wash of the black gouache, layered it to my liking, and let it dry. Then I used a thicker layer of black gouache to paint the silhouette of the hill, trees, and little person watching the fireworks. After that dried, I went in with the gouache and painted the fireworks. One of the beauties of gouache is that you can layer it and it will show up on the black because it's opaque! 

 You can get the $5 mini painting kit with free shipping HERE.

So grab a paintbrush, get outside, and watch the fireworks! I hope you have as much fun with this kit as I did, and have a wonderful Independence Day!

-Emily

PIN ME!

Comments