Paint an ocean with me- A video tutorial

Good morning, friends! I found a video I recorded about two months ago of me painting one of my original mini paintings- the ocean! I thought it might be helpful if you or a kiddo wants to paint along with instruction while we’re all still stuck at home. It can be a mini painting class for an afternoon!



Supplies:
- The ‘Ocean’ mini painting kit (or you can use your own gouache or watercolor),
- Size 6 round brush (I used Royal & Langnickle’s “Menta” synthetic watercolor brush),
- Size 2 round brush (I used Master’s Touch’s  golden taklon),
- Water,
- An old plate as a mixing palette,
- The back of a whiteboard to hold down my paper,
- Paper towels
- And a bit of washi tape.

You really only need the water, the towel, the kit and ONE good watercolor brush. If you need one for your painting kit, I would recommend going to your local craft store and picking out one (open stock) round brush in a size 4 or 6. These are often much higher quality than the brushes you can buy in a craft pack, and the bristles won’t come out all over your painting. If you’re buying a synthetic brush and you have a coupon, I’d expect it to set you back only $4-$5. It’s TOTALLY worth it. If you take good care of your brush, it will last forever.
I’ll be doing a blogpost soon about my brush recommendations, and comparing different styles. Stay tuned!

Alright, here’s the tutorial. Enjoy!


Did you try this tutorial? Leave a comment and let me know how it goes!
-Emily

Comments

  1. I can't get the video to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! If you can't get the video to work, here's the youtube link:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygf9rdzzi2w
      -Emily

      Delete

Post a Comment